Keeping your home in “model home” condition to show to prospective buyers is not an easy task. As your real estate agent I understand how difficult it is to show your home at a moment’s notice when you have pets and children living with you.
One of the goals I will set with you is to sell your home in the shortest amount of time with the least inconvience to you and your family. In order to reach this goal of a quick sale one of the many recommendations I will make is to spruce up your home to sell. Of course I will bring my stager to your home but sprucing up goes beyond staging.
Completing the following list of recommendations will indeed cost you money; however, the benefit to you will be selling your home faster to the current buyer pool within the range of your anticipated selling price.
1. Paint the exterior and exterior trim of your home, front door and columns as needed.
2. Mulch your lawn beds and place seasonal potted plants at the entrances to your home.
3. Replace older screen doors with glass doors that welcome light and the outdoors into your home.
4. Professionally clean windows and screens. You will be amazed at how much larger your rooms will appear!
5. Professionally clean or replace stained carpets.
6. Move furniture 2 feet away from walls to create an illusion of space.
7. Remove personal photos and spackle and touch-up walls.
8. Clear off movable appliances in the kitchen to give a clean spacious un-cluttered appearance to your kitchen.
9. Professionally clean all tile and re-grout where needed.
10. Replace dated vanities in the bathroom with newer cabinets or pedestal sinks.
11. Re-glaze older tubs and sinks if needed.
12. Professionally clean your home from top to bottom.
13. Organize and remove clutter.
By following these recommendations prospective buyers will see that you have cared for your home and they will want to your home theirs!
Madolyn Greve, ABR, CRS, CNE, GREEN, SRS, SRES, NJ Notary Public, is a REALTOR® and licensed real estate agent with Callaway Henderson Sotheby’s International Realty, located at 4 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ 08542, can be contacted at Cell: 609-462-2505, Office: 609-921-1050, www.linkedin.com/in/MadolynGreve and firstname.lastname@example.org.